Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your readings have been to you like the blast of a trumpet. – RW Emerson.
- We can heal body and soul by telling them a better story. – Robert Moss
- It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane. ~ Philip K. Dick
- When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. CS Lewis
- In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is a hallucinating idiot…for he sees what no one else does: things that, to everyone else, are not there. – Marshall McLuhan
- It is entirely possible that behind the perception of our senses, worlds are hidden of which we are unaware. – Albert Einstein
- Our normal waking consciousness, rational consciousness as we call it, is but one special type of consciousness, whilst all about it, parted from it by the filmiest of screens, there lie potential forms of consciousness entirely different. We may go through life without suspecting their existence; but apply the requisite stimulus, and at a touch they are there in all their completeness, definite types of mentality which probably somewhere have their field of application and adaptation. No account of the universe in its totality can be final which leaves these other forms of consciousness quite disregarded. – William James
- It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- The consensus does not explain our lives. – Grant Morrison
- A human being is part of a whole. He experiences himself as something separated from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.~ Albert Einstein
- Life exists only at this very moment, and in this moment it is infinite and eternal. For the present moment is infinitely small; before we can measure it, it has gone, and yet it exists forever… You may believe yourself out of harmony with life and its eternal Now; but you cannot be, for you are life and exist Now.~ Alan Watts
- Indeed, the attempt to live according to the notion that the fragments are really separate is, in essence, what has led to the growing series of extremely urgent crises that is confronting us today. Thus, as is now well known, this way of life has brought about pollution, destruction of the balance of nature, over-population, world-wide economic and political disorder and the creation of an overall environment that is neither physically nor mentally healthy for most of the people who live in it.Individually there has developed a widespread feeling of helplessness and despair, in the face of what seems to be an overwhelming mass of disparate social forces, going beyond the control and even the comprehension of the human beings who are caught up in it.- David Bohm, Physicist
- Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you, you haven’t understood it. ~ Neils Bohr
- There is no substantive physical world in the usual sense of this term. The conclusion here is not the weak conclusion that there may not be a substantive physical world, but rather that there definitely is not a substantive physical world. ~ Henry Stapp, Physicist.
- A paranoid is someone who know’s a little of what’s going on. A psychotic is a guy who’s just found out what’s going on – William S Burroughs
- The schizophrenic is drowning in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight. Edgar Cayce made the same observation in his readings. – Joseph Campbell
- The mystic and the schizophrenic find themselves in the same ocean, but whereas the mystic swims, the schizophrenic drowns. – R.D.Laing
- The western industrial civilization is really the only group of people throughout human history that does not hold the non-ordinary states in high esteem. Every other group has tremendous appreciation of these states and they spend a lot of time and energy trying to develop very safe and effective ways of inducing these non-ordinary states. – Stanislav Grof M.D, PhD.
- I thank you for our ancestors, for the life they have given each of us, and for the traditions they have preserved and handed down to us.Wakan-Tanka, I thank you for my life and the opportunity to know you, to serve you and to serve our people. Continue to make me a responsible person and help me add to the good things you and my ancestors have given me.Wakan-Tanka, I thank you for those who are yet to come and who will carry on from where we leave off. Help them to preserve the traditional life for the generation to come after them so as to keep the hoop turning.Wakan-Tanka, I thank you for my brothers and sisters who are here to share this precious moment. I pray that you will bless them and always be with them.Mitakuye Oyasin – Fools Crow Wakan-Tanka
- THE INVITATION by Oriah Mountain Dreamer, 1999
It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow, if you have been opened to life’s betrayals or have become shrivelled and closed from the fear of further pain. I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it or fix it. I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me is true, I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.I want to know if you can see beauty, even when it is not pretty, every day, and if you can source your life from it’s presence.I want to know if you can live with failure, yours or mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver moon, “YES!”It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back.It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.
- Survival of the world depends on our sharing what we have, and working together. If we do not the whole world will die. First the planet, and next the people… The ones who complain and talk the most about giving away Medicine Secrets, are always those who know the least. When you hold a herb in one hand and money in the other, it becomes a weed. If on the other hand you have herb in one hand and spirit in the other, it is sacred. – Frank Fools Crow
- In the beginning of all things,Wisdom and knowledge were with the animals;For Tirawa, the One Above, did not speak directly to man.He sent certain animals to tell men that he showed himselfThrough the beasts, and that from them,And from the stars and the moon,Man should learn.Tirawa spoke to man through his works.(Chief Letakots-Lesa of the Pawnee tribe to Natalie Curtis, c.1904)
- To find out what is truly individual in ourselves, profound reflection is needed; and suddenly we realize how uncommonly difficult the discovery of individuality is. ― C.G. Jung
- We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which the universe understands itself. ~ Brian Cox
- “You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.” ~ Terence McKenna
- The problem in middle age, when the body has reached it’s climax of power and begins to decline, is to identify yourself not with the body, but with the consciousness of which the body is just a vehicle. – Joseph Campbell
- “All of life is a meditation, most of it unintentional. A lot of people spend most of life meditating on where their money is coming from and where it’s going to go. If you have a family to bring up, you’re concerned for the family. These are all very important concerns, but they have to do with physical conditions mostly. But how are you going to communicate spiritual consciousness to the children if you don’t have it yourself? How do you get that? What myths are for, is to bring us into a level of consciousness that is spiritual… Every God, every mythology, every religion is true in this sense; it is true as metaphorical of the human and cosmic mystery.”Joseph Campbell
- “As a mediator between the comprehensible and the non-comprehensible, the unnameable, the shaman could make a perilous world seem manageable.”Teresa Moorey
- “Then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all, and around about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world. And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being. And I saw the sacred hoop of my people was one of many hoops that made one circle…But anywhere is the centre of the world.”Black Elk
- “We want to talk about God; God is a name, God is a thought, God is an idea, but its reference is to something that transcends all thinking. He is beyond all categories of being and non-being. He neither is nor is not…“Whenever one moves out of the transcendent [Universal Spirit of God. Ed.], one comes into a field of opposites. One has eaten of the tree of knowledge, not only of good and evil, but also of male and female, of right and wrong… Everything in the field of time is duel: past and future, dead and alive, being and non-being, [love and hate]. But the ultimate pair in the imagination [psyche] is that of male and female…“One of the problems of life is to live with the realisation of both terms, that is to say, “I know the centre and I know that good and evil are simply temporal aberrations, and that in God’s view, there is no difference.”(Joseph Campbell ‘The Power of Myth’)
- “About this time [Student years] I had a dream which both frightened and encouraged me. It was night in some unknown place, and I was making slow and painful headway against a mighty wind. Dense fog was flying along everywhere. I had my hands cupped around a tiny light which threatened to go out at any moment. Everything depended on my keeping this light alive. Suddenly I had the feeling that something was coming up behind me. I looked back, and saw a gigantic black figure following me. But at the same moment I was conscious, in spite of my terror, that I must keep my little light going through night and wind, regardless of all dangers. When I awoke I realised at once that the figure was a “spectre of the brocken”, my own shadow on the swirling mists, brought into being by the little light I was carrying. I knew too, that this little light was my consciousness, the only light I have. My own understanding is the light sole treasure I possess, and the greatest. Though infinitly small and fragile in comparison with the powers of darkness, it is still a light, my only light.”Carl Jung
- “A ‘warrior’ shaman tends to personify fear, illness, or disharmony and focus on the development of power, controls and combat skills in order to deal with them. An ‘adventurer’ shaman, by contrast tends to de-personify these conditions (i.e., treat them as effects, not things) and deal with them by developing skills of love, cooperation, and harmony.”Serge Kahili King
- “You can tell a true medicine person from an imitator by what they ask you for in return for their help… [Imitators] may talk well, and they may have created ceremonies [and healing modalities] that will charm you, but these will not be ceremonies that are traditional and that come from the Higher Powers. Remember that evil can work ceremonies too. The strongest protection we have against evil is our pipe… When we have the pipe in our hands and use it in ceremony it is the same as it would be for a Christian if he could hold Jesus Christ in his hands while he prays.”Frank Fools Crow
- All phenomena in the world are nothing but the illusory manifestation of the mind and have no reality of their own. ~ Ashvaghosha, first century buddhist.
- “All reality exists solely in the mind. The outer phenomenon, that which appears, is only its outer expression. The visible universe is the reflection of the invisible.”-Plato
- The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it’s real because that’s how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it’s very brightly coloured and it’s very loud and it’s fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say:“Hey – don’t worry, don’t be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride…”And we… kill those people.“Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real.”Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn’t matter because: It’s just a ride.And we can change it anytime we want. It’s only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one.Here’s what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. ~ Bill Hicks.
- Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. ~ Carl Jung
- A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. ~ Max Planck
- Every atom is 99.999% empty space, physical objects only appear solid to our crude unaided senses because the velocity of these particles creates that impression, much like the twirling blades of a fan appear like a disc. And since most particles live less than a millionth of a second before being annihilated by other particles, only the energy field itself continues to exist, not it’s individual parts. ~ Sylvia Fraser
- This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief. ~ Rumi
- Let’s suppose you were able, every night, to dream any dream you wanted to dream, and that you could for example have the power to dream in one night 75 years worth of time, or any length of time you wanted to have. And you would, naturally, as you began on this adventure of dreams, fulfil all your wishes. You would have every kind of pleasure you could conceive. And after several nights of 75 years of total pleasure each, you would say ‘Well, that was pretty great. But now let’s have a surprise. Let’s have a dream which isn’t under control, where something is going to happen to me that I don’t know what it’s going to be.’ And you would dig that, and come out of it and say ‘That was a close shave, now wasn’t it?’ Then, you would get more and more adventurous, and you would make further and further gambles as to what you would dream, and finally you would dream where you are now. You would dream the dream of the life that you are actually living today. ~ Alan Watts
- As long as there are practitioners who go to the forest to practice, the way of the awakened ones will never die. ~ Buddha
- Before our white brothers came to civilize us we had no jails. Therefore we had no criminals. You can’t have criminals without a jail. We had no locks or keys, and so we had no thieves. If a man was so poor that he had no horse, tipi or blanket, someone gave him these things. We were too uncivilized to set much value on personal belongings. We wanted to have things only in order to give them away. We had no money, and therefore a man’s worth couldn’t be measured by it. We valued the exchange of love, so we did not deal in fear. We had no written law, no attorney or politicians, therefore we couldn’t cheat. We were in a really bad way before the white man came, and I don’t know how we managed to get along for millenniums without the basic things which, we are told, are absolutely necessary to make a current civilized society. ~ Lakota Sage Lame Deer
- The more humans separate from nature the greater will be our disruption and social loss. – Jean Baptiste de Le Mark 1809
- From American Indian shamanism to esoteric judaism, this concept has dominated for millennia. As it has now become clear, western civilisation is unique in history in it’s failure to recognize each human being as a subtle energy system in constant relationship to a vast sea of energies in the surrounding cosmos. ~ Dr Edward Mann
- To develop a complete mind: study the science of art; study the art of science. Learn how to see. Realise that everything connects to everything else.- Leonardo DaVinci
- When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe. ~ John Muir
- Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics. ~ Bashar
- For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. ~ Carl Sagan
- Everything you can imagine is real. ~ Pablo Picasso
- The true nature of the tao can be described in two words: not always so. ~ Taoist Proverb
- There are as many paths to god as the breaths of the sons of men. – Arab Proverb
- My commitment is to Truth, not to consistency.~ Gandhi
- Remember the clear light, the pure clear light from which everything in the universe comes, to which everything in the universe returns; the original nature of your own mind. The natural state of the universe unmanifest. Let go into the clear light, trust it, merge with it. It is your own true nature, it is home.- The Tibetan Book of The Dead.
- Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality. …The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both. ~ Carl Sagan
- “Since the so-called Age of Enlightenment, our shaky anthropocentric, rationalist egos have been brainwashed to forget what ‘primitive’ cultures once understood: Animals can be manifestations of celestial beings in disguise; they possess supernatural abilities, and they can be our spiritual guides and healers.” ~ Zeena Schreck
- The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “Ring the bells that still can ring there is no perfect offering, there is a crack in everything that’s how the light gets in” ~Leonard Cohen
- The Truth must dazzle gradually Or every man be blind. ~ Emily Dickinson
- “Nietzsche was the one who did the job for me. At a certain moment in his life, the idea came to him of what he called “the love of your fate” (Amor fati). Whatever your fate is, whatever the hell happens, you say, “This is what I need.” It may look like a wreck, but go at it as though it were an opportunity, a challenge. If you bring love to that moment—not discouragement—you will find the strength is there. Any disaster that you can survive is an improvement in your character, your stature, and your life. What a privilege! This is when the spontaneity of your own nature will have a chance to flow. Then, when looking back at your life, you will see that the moments which seemed to be great failures followed by wreckage were the incidents that shaped the life you have now. You’ll see that this is really true. Nothing can happen to you that is not positive. Even though it looks and feels at the moment like a negative crisis, it is not. The crisis throws you back, and when you are required to exhibit strength, it comes.”-Joseph Campbell
- Blood is thicker than water,Yet water is the source that binds us.Source Mother Nature herself. – Leon George
- Graham Andrew Life is Simply complex
- “The kingdom of the Father IS spread upon the earth and some do not see it.”Jesus (in the gospel according to Thomas)1 February at 17:23 · Like
- “You’re assuming,’ said Dr. Robert, ‘that the brain produces consciousness. I’m assuming that it transmits consciousness. And my explanation is no more farfetched than yours. How on earth can a set of events belonging to one order be experienced as a set of events belonging to an entirely different and incommensurable order? Nobody has the faintest idea. All one can do is to accept the facts and concoct hypotheses. And one hypothesis is just about as good, philosophically speaking, as another. You say that the moksha-medicine does something to the silent areas of the brain which causes them to produce a set of subjective events to which people have given the name ‘mystical experience.’ I say that the moksha-medicine does something to the silent areas of the brain which opens some kind of neurological sluice and so allows a larger volume of Mind with a large ‘M’ to flow into your mind with a small ‘m.’ You can’t demonstrate the truth of your hypothesis, and I can’t demonstrate the truth of mine. And even if you could prove that I’m wrong, would it make any practical difference?”- Aldous Huxley, Island, 1962
- “Come forth unabashed Come out unbuttoned Bury belligerence Resurrect frolic Only through body can you clasp the divine Only through body can you dance with the god In every man’s hand the gift of compassion In every man’s hand the beloved connection Trust one another or drown”—Shaman Psalm, James Broughton
- PRICELESS NOTHINGS, ALL WAYS FREEGiving your allJoy, from within a smilePeace Full ContentmentFriendship, To Become WholeYou create all that matter’sThanks for all NourishmentLove, just is, all more or less Relationships Really Matter’sGoodness from Health (sounds like wealth)All that is outside, you made up from inside Form a twist 0 (nothing) becomes ∞ infinity (everything)EVERY SO OFTEN LET GO, BECOME UNTWISTED
- “We do not go into ceremony to talk about God. We go into ceremony to talk with God.” – Quanah Parker, Comanche
- May drum beats of all open hearts, beat as one loveRising up peace on Earth
If you really think that the environment is less important than the economy, try holding your breath while you count your money. – Dr. Guy McPherson
“. A single ray of light from a distant star falling upon the eye of a tyrant in bygone times may have altered the course of his life, may have changed the destiny of nations, may have transformed the surface of the globe, so intricate, so inconceivably complex are the processes in Nature”Nikola Tesla (10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943)
“When a child is born its sense-organs are brought in contact with the outer world. The waves of sound, heat, and light beat upon its feeble body, its sensitive nerve-fibres quiver, the muscles contract and relax in obedience: a gasp, a breath, and in this act a marvelous little engine, of inconceivable delicacy and complexity of construction, unlike any on earth, is hitched to the wheel-work of the Universe.”Nikola Tesla (10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943)
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” ― Nikola Tesla
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
“Everyone should consider hisbody as a priceless gift fromone whom he loves above all, amarvelous work of art, ofindescribable beauty, andmystery beyond human conception, and so delicate thata word, a breath, a look, nay, athought may injure it.” ― Nikola TeslaThe invention of the wheel was perhaps rather obvious; but the invention of an invisible wheel, made of nothing but a magnetic field, was far from obvious, and that is what we owe to Nikola Tesla.Reginald Kapp (1956)Morehttp://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/278.Nikola_TeslaNikola Tesla Quotes (Author of My Inventions) www.goodreads.com53 quotes from Nikola Tesla: ‘I don’t care that they stole my idea . . I care th…
- We have no reason to mistrust our world, for it is not against us. Has it terrors, they are our terrors; has it abysses, those abysses belong to us; are dangers at hand, we must try to love them. And if only we arrange our life according to that principle which counsels us that we must always hold to the difficult, then that which now seems to us the most alien will become what we most trust and find most faithful. How should we be able to forget those ancient myths that are at the beginning of all peoples, the myths about dragons that at the last moment turn into princesses; perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.
– Rainer Maria Rilke, translation John J. L. Mood
- “From suffering comes compassion, from sacrifice, bliss.”Joseph Campbell
- “All that we see and seem is but a dream within a dream…”- Edgar Allan Poe
- “There comes a time when it is necessary to stop doing everything and simply surrender oneself. Whatever needs to happen will happen. The only thing that can change the course of the game is Divine Grace, and grace only manifests through Surrender.” ~ Sri Prem Baba
- Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.~ Chief Seattle, 1854
- We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars – Oscar Wilde
- Those who love with the expectation of being loved in return are wasting their time.-Paulo Coelho
- Relationships do not cause pain and unhappiness. They bring out the pain and unhappiness that is already in you – Eckhart Tolle
- Do not let what you cannot do tear from your hands what you can. ~ Ashanti
- When two elephants fight, it is the grass that gets trampled. ~ Swahili saying
- “For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn’t understand growth, it would look like complete destruction.”- Cynthia Occelli
- ‘We are planting our seeds in the field of light’ ~ Joseph Rael
- The field is the sole governing agent of the particle – Albert Einstein.
- Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. ~ Rumi
- “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” ― C.G. Jung
- “God” grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as “He”/Mystery” did, this “sinful”/learning” worldas it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that “He”/Mystery” will make all things rightif I surrender to” His/Mystery” Will;That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with “Him/mystery”Forever in the next.Amen./ Yo.–Reinhold Niebuhr
- Trust in the “LORD” with all your heartand lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge “him”(“mystery”),and “he”(” true free”) will direct your paths.Proverbs 3, 5-6
- The truth shall set you free but first it’s gonna piss you off.Attributed to Werner Erhard (Jack Rosenberg)
- Resistance is futile- the Borg
- “When we plant a rose seed in the earth, we notice that it is small, but we do not criticize it as “rootless and stemless.” We treat it as a seed, giving it the water and nourishment required of a seed. When it first shoots up out of the earth, we don’t condemn it as immature and underdeveloped; nor do we criticize the buds for not being open when they appear. We stand in wonder at the process taking place and give the plant the care it needs at each stage of its development. The rose is a rose from the time it is a seed to the time it dies. Within it, at all times, it contains its whole potential. It seems to be constantly in the process of change; yet at each state, at each moment, it is perfectly all right as it is.” -W. Timothy Gallwey
- “When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.” ~William Blake
- “Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” Anatole France
- ‘you know what my secret is? i don’t mind what happens.’ – krishnamurti
- “I am circling around God, around the ancient tower, and I have been circling for a thousand years, and I still don’t know if I am a falcon, or a storm, or a great song.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Life is the only game in which the object of the game is to learn the rules.” Ashleigh Brilliant
- Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. There was no one there.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- Bad breath is better than no breath at all. -Author unknown.
- If a person does not feel alone and sad, he cannot be a warrior at all.Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
- “The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.” Ralph W. Sockman
- ‘Aging is like enlightenment at gunpoint’. Anna Halprin
- Ana Ruiz “And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us.”~ Khalil Gibran
- The scariest thing in the world is being completely healed, because then you need to take full personal responsibility. there’s no problems or sickness to hide behind or use an excuse for not living into your full potential.- Scott Peterson
- When we are engaged in blind compassion, we rarely show any anger, for we not only believe that compassion has to be gentle, but we also are frightened of upsetting anyone, especially to the point of their confronting us. This is reinforced by our judgment of anger, especially in its more fiery forms, as something less than spiritual; something to be equated with ill will, hostility, and aggression; something that should not be there if we were being truly loving.In blind compassion we don’t know how to — or won’t learn how to — say “no” with any real power, avoiding confrontation at all costs and, as a result, enabling unhealthy patterns to continue. Our “yes” is then anemic and impotent, devoid of the impact it could have if we were also able to access a clear, strong “no” that emanated from our core.When we mute our essential voice, our openness is reduced to a permissive gap, an undiscerning embrace, a poorly boundaried receptivity, all of which indicate a lack of compassion for ourselves (in that we don’t adequately protect ourselves). Blind compassion confuses anger with aggression, forcefulness with violence, judgment with condemnation, exaggerated tolerance with caring, and spiritual correctness with moral maturity.~ Robert Augustus Masters
- If a person does not feel alone and sad, he cannot be a warrior at all.Chogyam Trungpa, Rinpoche
- “How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn’t matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.” – Alexander “Sasha” Shulgin (June 17, 1925 – June 2, 2014)
- Stop pathologizing your negativity, stop assigning it a lower status, stop keeping it in the dark. Go to it, open its doors and windows, take it by the hand. Meet its gaze. Feel its woundedness, feel into it, feel for it, feel it without any buffers. Soon you will start to sense that its gaze is none other than your own, perhaps from an earlier time, but yours nonetheless, containing so much of you. Humanize it fully. Keep something in the dark long enough and it will very likely behave badly.Turn on the lights, slowly but steadily. Your simple presence is enough. Let your heart soften more. Breathe more fully, bringing what you call your negativity closer to you, opening at a fitting pace. No rush. Let it shift, however slowly, from a distant foreign object to a reclaimed part of your being. Let its blinders and pain and longing break your heart. Your ambition to transcend your negativity is now all but gone, as you realize right to your core that your real work is to reclaim and reembody it. You are with yourself even more deeply, your initial aversion all but gone, and now hold what you previously termed your negativity in the way that loving parents hold their distressed child, bringing it into your heart, feeling a rising desire and power to protect that little one. No negativity now. No turning away. Just love, ease, recognition, presence, effortless wholeness. This is life in the raw, too real to be reduced to positive and negative, too alive to be shut down. Robert Augustus Masters
- “If you hear a voice within you saying, “You are not a painter,” then by all means paint – and that voice will be silenced.” – vincent van gogh
- Highest form of art is mathematicsHighest form of mathematics is artistic- Albert Einstein-
- “Maybe each human being lives in a unique world, a private world different from those inhabited and experienced by all other humans. . . If reality differs from person to person, can we speak of reality singular, or shouldn’t we really be talking about plural realities? And if there are plural realities, are some more true (more real) than others? What about the world of a schizophrenic? Maybe it’s as real as our world. Maybe we cannot say that we are in touch with reality and he is not, but should instead say, His reality is so different from ours that he can’t explain his to us, and we can’t explain ours to him. The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication…and there is the real illness.”- Philip K. Dick
- It’s dark because you are trying too hard. Lightly child, lightly. Learn to do everything lightly. Yes, feel lightly even though you’re feeling deeply. Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them. I was so preposterously serious in those days…Lightly, lightly—it’s the best advice ever given me. So throw away your baggage and go forward. There are quicksands all about you, sucking at your feet, trying to suck you down into fear and self-pity and despair. That’s why you must walk so lightly. Lightly, my darling.– Aldous Huxley
- “Oh,we are all agreed here Sir that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough.”- Niels Bohr to Werner Heisenberg while discussing the nature of the quantum world
- “The universe is a cosmic soup made up of infinite packets of possible scenarios. Which possibility becomes manifest is determined by the frequency of our thinking. Loving thought causes miraculous possibilities; non-loving thought leads to fearful ones. In any given moment, any “holy instant,” we can internally take a stand for love. Release the past. Bless all beings. Know you’re not a victim. Judge no one. Devote yourself to love.”~ Marianne Williamson
- The way of the shaman is to accept each day and each moment as you find it and not try to control it, but flow with it, knowing that your higher self is guiding you towards who you truly are. Your destiny and the destiny of every human being is to be who you truly are; divine beings of love and light. Your purpose and the purpose of every living being is to heal, serve and love unconditionally, in your own unique way. – Don Juan Perez Flores, Amazonian Curandero
- Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.Carl Jung
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Drug addicts (alcoholics) are not bad people who need to get good. They are sick people who need to get well. (Anonymous)
- “I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as a derivative of consciousness.” – Max Planck
- “The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea” Isak Dinesen
- “Know the truth but respect the illusion” Source unknown.
- “Non dual way of reading reality. Where you do not divide the field, where you do not have to eliminate the negative. Where you let reality get at you as it is, without judging it, analysing it, critiquing it, explaining it, or even understanding it.” Richard Rohr – Franciscan friar
- An individual having unusual difficulties in coping with hisenvironment struggles and kicks up the dust, as it were. I have usedthe figure of a fish caught on a hook: his gyrations must lookpeculiar to other fish that don’t understand the circumstances; buthis splashes are not his affliction, they are his effort to get rid of hisaffliction and as every fisherman knows these efforts may succeed. – Karl Menninger
- Nature is not only all that is visible to the eye… it also includes the inner pictures of the soul. – Edvard Munch
- “If you want to identify me, ask me not where I live, or what I like to eat, or how I comb my hair, but ask me what I am living for, in detail, ask me what I think is keeping me from living fully for the thing I want to live for.”–Thomas Merton
- As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. As a man sees in his heart, so he sees. Through unclean windows, lenses, senses, we see things not as they are but as we are.
- “We cannot be happy if we expect to live all the time at the highest peak of intensity. Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.” —THOMAS MERTON, “NO MAN IS AN ISLAND”
- Health does not always come from medicine. Most of the time it comes from peace of mind, peace in the heart, peace of soul. It comes from laughter and love. ~Unknown
- “Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality
can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”
― Simone Weil
- This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real.~ Rumi
- bow to the essence in a human being. do not be content with judging people good and bad. grow out of that.~ Rumi
- “Contemplation is nothing else but a secret, peaceful, and loving infusion of God, which if admitted, will set the soul on fire with the Spirit of love.”
Quotes from John of the Cross
“Strive to preserve your heart in peace; let no event of this world disturb it.”
“The endurance of darkness is the preparation for great light.”
“The soul that is quick to turn to speaking and conversing is slow to turn to God.”
“It is best to learn to silence the faculties and to cause them to be still so that God may speak.”
“Who teaches the soul if not God?”
- “In fact, my soul and yours are the same.
You appear in me, I appear in you.
We hide in each other.”
- Be at peace with your own soul, then heaven and earth will be at peace with you. Isaac of Nineveh
6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
- The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.~ Rumi
to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
- Professor Brian Cox ” there is no truth in science”
- “The work of the eyes is done. Go now and do the heart-work on the images imprisoned within you.”RAINER MARIA RILKE, Wendung
- We fight a fierce war within. What is the point of fighting with others?~ Rumi
- “Like billowing clouds,
Like the incessant gurgle of the brook,
The longing of the spirit can never be stilled.”
― Hildegard of Bingen“Good People, most royal greening verdancy, rooted in the sun, you shine with radiant light. In this circle of earthly existence, your shining surpasses understanding. The divine hugs you. You are encircled by the arms of the mystery.” ― Hildegard of Bingen
- When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you’re not here, I can’t go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnias!
And the difference between them.~ RumiThe desire to know your own soul will end all other desires.
When you see the face of anger look behind it and you will see the face of pride.
- Listen to silence. It has so much to say
- You understand so little of what is around you because you do not use what is within you.’ Hildegard von Bingen
- Proverbs 16:24 Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.Galatians 5:22-23Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
- “Shapeshifting requires the ability to transcend your attachments, in particular your ego attachments to identity and who you are. If you can get over your attachment to labeling yourself and your cherishing of your identity, you can be virtually anybody. You can slip in and out of different shells, even different animal forms or deity forms.”
― Zeena Schreck
- “You don’t find light by avoiding the darkness.”
― S. Kelley Harrell
“The more I work with Nature and totemism, the more church is everywhere.”― S. Kelley Harrell
“When we accomplish one thing, our ego wants to bask in the glory, though our soul is ready to move on to the next.”― S. Kelley Harrell
No great genius ever existed without a touch of madness – Aristotle
They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me. – Nathanial Lee